On Thursday, Nov. 15, Providence took on Massachusetts and let one slip to the Minutemen 77-75. The Friars were led by Kadeem Batts, who got 19 points and nine rebounds. Bryce Cotton picked up his third straight game with 21 points or more, scoring a game-high 23 points in 40 minutes. Chaz Williams got 17 points and six rebounds for the Minutemen. Providence (2-1, 0-0 Big East) hosts Penn State (1-1, 0-0 Big Ten) on Friday, Nov. 16.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 2-1 during the 2008, 2007, 2006, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by 6.5 points.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- LaDontae Henton accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has three straight 20+ point games.
- Kadeem Batts has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and 10th of his career.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jesse Morgan and Chaz Williams) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.