On Wednesday, December 5th, Dayton won on the road versus Alabama 81-76. Kevin Dillard had an impressive game for the Flyers and got a career-high 25 points and six assists. Josh Benson had a season-high 19 points and added six rebounds. Trevor Lacey got a team-high 16 points and five assists for the Crimson Tide. Next up for Dayton (6-2, 0-0 A-10) is Miami (OH) (3-4, 0-0 MAC) on Saturday, December 8th at home.
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:15 left to go.
- Dayton started 6-2 during the 2010, 2009, 2005, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- UD beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Flyers have beaten the spread.
- Dayton has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 49.1% or better.
- The Flyers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 3 or more blocks.
- UD has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Dayton has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Vee Sanford has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Flyers set a season high for three-pointers.
- UD set a season low for steals.
- Kevin Dillard recorded a team season high in points with 25.
- Kevin Dillard accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Kevin Dillard has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 8 games this season.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 8 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Kevin Dillard's career.
- Kevin Dillard had a career high with 25 points.
- Josh Benson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama has lost 27 close games.
- Trevor Releford recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Levi Randolph) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring 4 times in 8 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Trevor Releford.