East Carolina 64
(5-1, 1-1 away)
(7-0, 7-0 home)
Venue: Halton Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, December 01, 2012
||M Kemp 18
||R Sampson 9
||M Paul 4
||C Braswell 15
||C Braswell 6
||P Henry 4
In a game where they outrebounded the Pirates 45-21, Charlotte defeated East Carolina 76-64. Willie Clayton picked up a double-double in the win with a season-high 14 points and 13 rebounds. Chris Braswell also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding seven rebounds. Maurice Kemp got a team-high 16 points and four rebounds for the Pirates. Charlotte (7-0, 0-0 A-10) takes on Davidson (4-3, 0-0 SoCon) on Wednesday, December 5th on the road.
Charlotte Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:06 left to go.
- The win over East Carolina extended the Charlotte winning streak to 7 games.
- Charlotte beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- The 49ers set season highs for free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- The last time Charlotte recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 29, 2011 against La Salle.
- Charlotte set season lows for assists, blocks, steals, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The 49ers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- Willie Clayton recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Chris Braswell and Willie Clayton) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Clayton and Chris Braswell) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 7 games this season.
- Willie Clayton recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Clayton recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Chris Braswell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
East Carolina Game Notes
- East Carolina lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Maurice Kemp and Paris Roberts-Campbell) accounted for 43.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Zangari and Paris Roberts-Campbell) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Maurice Kemp has led the team in scoring 5 times in 6 games this season.
- Maurice Kemp has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Robert Sampson.
- Robert Sampson set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.