On an evening when the Jaguars shot 61%, Mississippi Valley State was blown out by Southern University 88-54 in conference play. The Delta Devils were paced by Davon Usher, who put up a team-high 17 points and five rebounds. Matt Smith had eight points and added eight rebounds. Macolm Miller recorded achieved a double-double for the Jaguars on a game-high 28 points and 10 rebounds. He made 5 of 6 from three-point range. Mississippi Valley State (1-14, 1-4 SWAC) takes on Prairie View A&M (7-10, 2-2 SWAC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:54 left to go.
- The last time MVSU started the season 1-14 was 2008.
- The Delta Devils have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Mississippi Valley State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Davon Usher accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Matt Smith accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (8).
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (24).
- Davon Usher has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 15 games this season.
- Matt Smith has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- Davon Usher has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Southern University Game Notes
- Macolm Miller accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Macolm Miller and Brandon Moore) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Macolm Miller has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Brandon Moore set a career high with 11 points.
- Derick Beltran has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Macolm Miller's career.
- Macolm Miller has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Macolm Miller recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Yondarius Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Javan Mitchell has 4 straight double-digit point games.