(5-12, 2-10 away)
Alcorn State 52
(6-15, 4-6 home)
Venue: Davey Whitney Complex
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||T Kennedy 13
||D Haynes 6
||T Hammond 3
||M Baker 17
||I Francis 4
||L Luckett 2
On Monday, January 14th, Arkansas-Pine Bluff outrebounded Alcorn State 48-26 and won on the road versus the Braves 62-52 in conference action. The Golden Lions got a double-double out of Terrell Kennedy with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Mitchell Anderson had eight points and added 12 rebounds. For the Braves, Anthony Nieves got a game-high 23 points (4 Reb 3 Stl), including 5-of-11 shooting from three-point range. This makes three wins in a row for the Golden Lions. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (5-12, 4-1 SWAC) gets Texas Southern (5-13, 4-1 SWAC) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff started 5-12 during the 2009 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- The Golden Lions have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 62 or more total points.
- The Golden Lions set season highs for rebounds and three-pointers.
- The last time UAPB recorded at least 48 rebounds was Feb 20, 2012 against Prairie View A&M.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Golden Lions came back after being down at halftime.
- Lazabian Jackson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Lazabian Jackson and DaVon Haynes) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mitchell Anderson and Terrell Kennedy) accounted for 47.9% of the rebounds.
- Lazabian Jackson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- DaVon Haynes has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Kennedy recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrell Kennedy has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Terrell Kennedy.
- Terrell Kennedy recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Terrell Kennedy had career highs with 11 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Mitchell Anderson recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Alcorn State Game Notes
- Anthony Nieves accounted for 44.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (LeAntwan Luckett and Marquiz Baker) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Nieves has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- LeAntwan Luckett has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Anthony Nieves's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Anthony Nieves.
- Anthony Nieves set a career high with 5 three-pointers.