(5-12, 2-10 away)
Alcorn State 52
(6-15, 4-6 home)
Venue: Davey Whitney Complex
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||T Kennedy 13
||D Haynes 6
||T Hammond 3
||M Baker 17
||I Francis 4
||L Luckett 2
On Monday, January 14th, Alcorn State was outrebounded 48-26 by Arkansas-Pine Bluff and took a home loss to the Golden Lions 62-52 in conference play. Anthony Nieves paced the Braves and put up a game-high 23 points (4 Reb 3 Stl), sinking 5 of 11 from three-point range. Ian Francis had four points and added five rebounds. Terrell Kennedy recorded a double-double for the Golden Lions on 10 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Alcorn State (5-15, 3-2 SWAC) travels to Alabama A&M (7-9, 3-2 SWAC).
Alcorn State Game Notes
- Alcorn State started 6-15 during the 2005 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Braves have lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after having a three-point percentage of 28.0% or worse.
- Alcorn State has lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Alcorn State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 48 or more rebounds this season, Alcorn State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.0% or better this season, Alcorn State has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Braves opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Alcorn State has a 2.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Nieves accounted for 44.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (LeAntwan Luckett and Marquiz Baker) accounted for 42.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Nieves has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- LeAntwan Luckett has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Anthony Nieves's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Anthony Nieves.
- Anthony Nieves had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- Lazabian Jackson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Lazabian Jackson and DaVon Haynes) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mitchell Anderson and Terrell Kennedy) accounted for 47.9% of the rebounds.
- Lazabian Jackson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- DaVon Haynes has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Kennedy recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrell Kennedy has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Terrell Kennedy.
- Terrell Kennedy recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Terrell Kennedy set career highs with 11 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Mitchell Anderson recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.