(11-5, 4-2 away)
(6) Kansas 61
(15-1, 13-1 home)
Venue: Allen Fieldhouse
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||P Jackson 18
||I Austin 8
||P Jackson 6
||B McLemore 16
||J Withey 8
||E Johnson 5
No. 4 Kansas squared off with Baylor on Monday, January 14th and won big over the Bears 61-44 in Big 12 play. Ben McLemore played brilliantly for the Jayhawks and put up a game-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Kevin Young had four points and added seven rebounds. Rico Gathers got six points and 13 rebounds for the Bears. Kansas (14-1, 3-0 Big 12) gets Texas (8-8, 0-3 Big 12) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Kansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:30 left to go.
- Kansas started 15-1 during the 2009, 2004, 2000, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Baylor extended the Kansas winning streak to 14 games.
- KU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Jayhawks have beaten the spread.
- KU set a season low for field goal percentage.
- The Jayhawks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 14 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--KU has a 20.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ben McLemore and Elijah Johnson) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Ben McLemore has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Travis Releford has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben McLemore has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Baylor Game Notes
- Baylor lost and did not cover the spread.
- Isaiah Austin accounted for 34.0% of the team's points.
- Rico Gathers accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Rico Gathers has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Isaiah Austin has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Austin recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- Pierre Jackson has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Rico Gathers recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
|-||A. White III||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|