On Monday, January 14th, Jackson State took on Prairie View A&M and lost to the Panthers 73-59 in conference play. The Tigers got a game-high 24 points and four assists from Dundrecous Nelson. Sydney Coleman scored seven points and added eight rebounds. Jourdan DeMuynck finished with a team-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Panthers. Jackson State (1-14, 0-6 SWAC) takes on Grambling State (0-15, 0-6 SWAC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Jackson State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:08 left to go.
- JSU set a season low for three-point percentage.
- The Tigers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jackson State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Tigers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Dundrecous Nelson accounted for 40.6% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (23).
- Dundrecous Nelson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- Sydney Coleman has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Dundrecous Nelson's career.
- Dundrecous Nelson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Dundrecous Nelson had a career high with 9 field goals made.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- Jourdan DeMuynck accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (21).
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Jourdan DeMuynck's career.
- Jourdan DeMuynck set a career high with 3 three-pointers.