Grambling State 50
(0-15, 0-13 away)
Texas Southern 95
(5-13, 3-3 home)
Venue: Health & PE Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||T Rose 15
||B Purvis 5
||D Copeland 3
||O Strong 16
||F Sturdivant 7
||R Penn 5
Grambling State forced only four turnovers and was easily defeated by Texas Southern 95-50 in conference play on Monday, January 14th. This one was over at the half, with Texas Southern up 48-20. Steven Danridge put up a career-high 14 points plus four rebounds in a losing effort. Terry Rose had 12 points. Fred Sturdivant registered a double-double for Texas Southern with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Grambling State (0-15, 0-6 SWAC) takes on Jackson State (1-13, 0-5 SWAC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:49 left to go.
- The Tigers set a season high for three-pointers.
- GSU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Tigers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 15 games.
- Grambling State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- The top two scorers (Steven Danridge and Terry Rose) accounted for 52.0% of the points.
- Steven Danridge had career highs with 14 points and 6 field goals made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bryant Purvis.
- Bryant Purvis had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Texas Southern Game Notes
- Ray Penn recorded a team season high in assists with 14.
- The top two scorers (Lawrence Johnson-Danner and Fred Sturdivant) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Sturdivant and Lawrence Johnson-Danner) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Fred Sturdivant has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 18 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Ray Penn's career.
- Ray Penn has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ray Penn recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Ray Penn set a career high with 14 assists.
- Omar Strong has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Omar Strong set a career high with 5 assists.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Fred Sturdivant's career.
- Fred Sturdivant recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
- Fred Sturdivant set career highs with 22 points and 10 field goals made.