Weber State 70
(11-3, 5-2 away)
Idaho State 54
(3-12, 2-3 home)
Venue: Reed Gym
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 14, 2013
||D Berry 13
||J Bolomboy 8
||D Berry 3
||M Morgan 12
||A Hatchett 3
||T Sanchez 3
Weber State scored 30 points from behind the arc and trounced Idaho State 70-54 in Big Sky action on Monday, January 14th. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Weber State up by only two at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. The Wildcats got the win with 16 points and three rebounds from Davion Berry. Kyle Tresnak had eight points and added nine rebounds. For the Bengals, Chris Hansen finished with a team-high 15 points and three rebounds. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Weber State (11-3, 6-0 Big Sky) is Northern Arizona (5-10, 2-4 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 17th on their home court.
Weber State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:42 left to go.
- The last time Weber State started the season 11-3 was 2011.
- The win over Idaho State extended the Weber State winning streak to 7 games.
- Weber State beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its had a field goal percentage of 55.8% or better.
- Weber State has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Scott Bamforth has 17 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Frank Otis has 4 field goals made or more, and 85% of the time (11-2) when Joel Bolomboy has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Scott Bamforth and Davion Berry) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Tresnak and Frank Otis) accounted for 51.5% of the rebounds.
- Scott Bamforth has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Kyle Tresnak has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Davion Berry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Scott Bamforth has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Tresnak had a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
Idaho State Game Notes
- Idaho State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Chris Hansen and Andre` Hatchett) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (9) than the starters (8).
- Chris Hansen has led the team in scoring 5 times in 15 games this season.
- Nnamdi Ezenwa has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Chris Hansen has 5 straight double-digit point games.