Houston Baptist 44
(4-13, 1-9 away)
Venue: Don Haskins Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||A Bernardi 13
||A Bernardi 5
||T Russell 2
||K Tucker 13
||J Bohannon 6
||J Streeter 4
Texas-El Paso trounced Houston Baptist 72-44 on Monday, January 14th. The Miners were led by John Bohannon, who put up nine points plus seven rebounds. Julian Washburn had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Huskies, Caleb Crayton got a season-high 14 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when Texas-El Paso (9-6, 2-0 C-USA) travels to Tulsa (10-7, 2-1 C-USA).
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:56 left to go.
- The last time UTEP started the season 9-6 was 2006.
- The win over Houston Baptist extended the Texas-El Paso winning streak to 3 games.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UTEP has been on the winning end of 25 blowout games.
- The Miners have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- UTEP has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Konner Tucker has 12 points or more.
- The Miners set a season high for blocks.
- The last time UTEP recorded at least 7 blocks was Feb 01, 2012 against Rice.
- The Miners have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UTEP has a 11.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- McKenzie Moore recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 4.
- Konner Tucker has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Konner Tucker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Konner Tucker had a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.
Houston Baptist Game Notes
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, HBU has been on the losing end of 37 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Huskies losing streak to 7 games.
- Caleb Crayton accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Art Bernardi has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Cody Joyce.