Bethune-Cookman was beaten at home by North Carolina Central 75-66 in conference play on Monday, January 14th. The Wildcats got a team-high 18 points and four rebounds from Adrien Coleman. Alex Smith also had a decent showing, scoring nine points and adding six rebounds. For the Eagles, Ray Willis got a season-high 26 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Bethune-Cookman (6-9, 1-1 MEAC) heads to South Carolina State (4-12, 0-2 MEAC).
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- Bethune-Cookman started 6-12 during the 2011, 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Bethune-Cookman has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- The Wildcats have lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.5% or better this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 7 or more steals this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Bethune-Cookman has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--B-CU has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Adrien Coleman and Jarvoris Bryant) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarvoris Bryant and Alex Smith) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Adrien Coleman has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 18 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Malik Jackson.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- Ray Willis accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- Ray Willis has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Ray Willis's career.
- Ray Willis has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Stanton Kidd's career.
- Stanton Kidd has 7 straight double-digit point games.