Norfolk State 54
(9-10, 6-9 away)
(4-14, 3-4 home)
Venue: Burr Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||P Williams 12
||R Gaston 6
||J Fuentes 5
||M Phillips 12
||M Phillips 6
||S Frazier 4
Norfolk State squared off with Howard on Monday, January 14th and got a road victory against the Bison 54-49 in conference action. The Spartans got the win with a game-high 17 points and five rebounds from Pendarvis Williams. Malcom Hawkins had 11 points and added four rebounds. For the Bison, Prince Okoroh got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Norfolk State (9-10, 2-0 MEAC) takes on Coppin State (3-14, 0-2 MEAC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Norfolk State Game Notes
- Norfolk State started 9-10 during the 2007, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Howard extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 3 games.
- The Spartans have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Norfolk State has won 28 close games.
- The Spartans have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- NSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 25.0% three-point percentage.
- NSU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Norfolk State has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Rob Johnson has 12 points or more.
- NSU set a season low for field goals made.
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Rob Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Pendarvis Williams accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Jamel Fuentes has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamel Fuentes had a career high with 7 rebounds.
- Malcom Hawkins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Malcom Hawkins.
Howard Game Notes
- The Bison have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Howard has lost 24 close games.
- Prince Okoroh accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Mike Phillips has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 18 games this season.
- Prince Okoroh has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Prince Okoroh set a career high with 6 steals.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Alphonso Leary.
|-||K. Lila-St. Rose||5||0||1||0||0||0||1|