UNC Greensboro 70
(3-12, 0-8 away)
Appalachian State 83
(7-8, 5-2 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 14, 2013
||T Simpson 18
||K McNeil 6
||D Parker 3
||J Canty 15
||N Healy 6
||M Neal 3
On Monday, January 14th, North Carolina-Greensboro was tripped up by Appalachian State 83-70 in conference play. Trevis Simpson got a team-high 22 points and four rebounds in a losing effort. Derrell Armstrong also had a solid game, scoring 20 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Nathan Healy finished with a game-high 24 points and nine rebounds. North Carolina-Greensboro (3-12, 0-3 SoCon) gets Wofford (7-10, 1-3 SoCon) on their home court on Wednesday, January 16th.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- North Carolina-Greensboro started 3-12 during the 2009 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 70 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 31.6% or worse.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 28 or more free throws made this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- UNCG set a season low for assists.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Spartans opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 15 games this season.
- Derrell Armstrong has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Derrell Armstrong's career.
- Derrell Armstrong has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Trevis Simpson.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for David Williams.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nathan Healy and Michael Neal) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nathan Healy and Jay Canty) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 7 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Nathan Healy's career.
- Nathan Healy has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Nathan Healy set a career high with 24 points.
- Tevin Baskin has 7 straight double-digit point games.