(12-5, 6-1 away)
(3-12, 3-6 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 14, 2013
||A Lawrence 13
||A Baru 9
||A Lawrence 4
||M Groselle 14
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
On Monday, January 14th, Citadel lost at home against College of Charleston 73-69 in conference play. Mike Groselle got a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds in the Bulldogs loss. Matt Van Scyoc had 17 points and added two rebounds. Adjehi Baru registered a double-double for the Cougars on 16 points and 12 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Citadel (3-12, 0-4 SoCon) travels to Davidson (9-5, 3-0 SoCon).
Citadel Game Notes
- Citadel beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Citadel has lost 24 close games.
- Citadel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 4 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9% or better this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- Citadel set a season low for free throws made.
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 9 games.
- Citadel has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Citadel has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Mike Groselle and Matt Van Scyoc) accounted for 52.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and Stephen Elmore) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- Matt Van Scyoc has 3 straight double-digit point games.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- College of Charleston won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Cougars won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, College of Charleston has lost 16 close games.
- The top two scorers (Andrew Lawrence and Adjehi Baru) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- Adjehi Baru accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Andrew Lawrence's career.
- Adjehi Baru recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adjehi Baru has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Adjehi Baru recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
|A||Matt Van Scyoc||40||17||2||2||0||3||1|
|A||M. Harris III||29||6||4||7||1||0||0|