On Monday, January 14th, College of Charleston took on Citadel and got a victory on the road against the Bulldogs 73-69 in SoCon action. Adjehi Baru got 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Cougars, earning a double-double. Andrew Lawrence also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 21 points and adding three assists. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle got a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds. College of Charleston (12-5, 3-1 SoCon) heads to Georgia Southern (6-10, 0-1 SoCon) on Thursday, January 17th.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- College of Charleston started 12-5 during the 2011, 2010, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, College of Charleston has won 37 close games.
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- College of Charleston has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its had a three-point percentage of 42.9% or better.
- CofC has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 33 or fewer rebounds.
- This season College of Charleston has won 100% of the time (8-0) when Anthony Stitt has 14 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Adjehi Baru plays 31 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (8-0) when Anthony Thomas has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Cougars have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Cougars came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Andrew Lawrence and Adjehi Baru) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- Adjehi Baru accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Andrew Lawrence's career.
- Adjehi Baru recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adjehi Baru has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Adjehi Baru recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
Citadel Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Citadel has lost 24 close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Groselle and Matt Van Scyoc) accounted for 52.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and Stephen Elmore) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- Matt Van Scyoc has 3 straight double-digit point games.