In their last outing, behind 29 points and 8 rebounds from Desmar Jackson, the Salukis defeated Indiana State 76-71 on January 12th. He paces the team in points per game with 16.8, and steals per game with 2.0. For the Braves, Dyricus Simms-Edwards finished with 12 points in the 84-53 loss to Northern Iowa on January 12th. He is averaging 11.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.4 steals per game.
- Southern Illinois takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Bradley (5 vs 1).
- You get an A for effort, but Southern Illinois has emerged victorious against Bradley the last 2 times they've played.
- Dantiel Daniels is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Southern Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.584 to 0.511).
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 9 over Bradley in 35 wins since 1980.
- The Southern Illinois scoring leader (Desmar Jackson) has more points than the Bradley scoring leader (Walt Lemon Jr.).
- Desmar Jackson is ranked 4th in the Missouri Valley in points and 50th nationally in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Southern Illinois has come back to win after being down at half against Bradley 4 times since 2002.
- AP voters think more highly of Southern Illinois and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Bradley (17 vs 0).