(13-3, 1-2 away)
(12-3, 7-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 13, 2013
||A Len 13
||A Len 8
||P Howard 5
||D Scott 13
||R Johnson 10
||S Larkin 3
On a night when they had only eight turnovers, Miami (FL) knocked off Maryland 54-47 in conference play. Trey McKinney-Jones had a big game for the Hurricanes and got 12 points and eight rebounds. Shane Larkin had 10 points and added six assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). For the Terrapins, Dezmine Wells finished with a game-high 18 points and five rebounds. Miami (FL) (11-3, 3-0 ACC) takes on Boston College (9-7, 1-2 ACC) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:17 left to go.
- Miami (FL) started 12-3 during the 2008, 2004, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Maryland extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 4 games.
- Miami (FL) beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Hurricanes have beaten the spread.
- The Hurricanes have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Miami (FL) has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 83% of the time (10-2) when Shane Larkin has 10 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Durand Scott plays 31 minutes or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Julian Gamble has 4 field goals made or more.
- Miami (FL) set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- The Hurricanes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Miami (FL) has a 14.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey McKinney-Jones recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two scorers (Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones) accounted for 48.1% of the points.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 15 games this season.
- Shane Larkin had a career high with 6 assists.
- Kenny Kadji has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey McKinney-Jones had a career high with 7 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Julian Gamble.
- Julian Gamble had a career high with 4 blocks.
Maryland Game Notes
- Maryland lost and did not cover the spread.
- Dezmine Wells accounted for 38.2% of the team's points.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Alex Len has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Faust set a career high with 8 rebounds.