(10-7, 6-6 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
5:35PM ET / 2:35PM PT, January 13, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 15
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 4
||R Hearn 13
||J Swopshire 5
||D Sobolewski 4
Iowa pounded Northwestern 70-50 in Big Ten play on a day when the Wildcats shot just 29% from the floor. The Hawkeyes got the win with a game-high 17 points and six rebounds from Aaron White. Josh Oglesby also had an outstanding game, scoring a season-high 14 points. For the Wildcats, Dave Sobolewski finished with a team-high 14 points and five assists. Iowa (12-5, 1-3 Big Ten) welcomes Wisconsin (12-4, 3-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 19th.
Iowa Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:14 left to go.
- Iowa beat the spread by 21.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Iowa has been on the winning end of 20 blowout games.
- The Hawkeyes have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- Iowa has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 46.0% or better.
- Iowa has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- Iowa has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 29.4% field goal percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Aaron White has 17 points or more and 77% of the time (10-3) when Roy Devyn Marble has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Hawkeyes set a season high for assists.
- Iowa set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Aaron White and Josh Oglesby) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (30).
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Adam Woodbury has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
Northwestern Game Notes
- Northwestern lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NU has been on the losing end of 19 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Dave Sobolewski and Tre Demps) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (13).
- Dave Sobolewski has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Dave Sobolewski has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|-||J. Montgomery III||6||1||0||0||0||0||0|