On Sunday, January 13th, Northwestern shot just 29% from the field and was blown out by Iowa 70-50 in conference play. The Wildcats were paced by Dave Sobolewski, who put up a team-high 14 points and five assists. Mike Turner had five points and added three rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Aaron White got a game-high 17 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when Northwestern (10-7, 1-3 Big Ten) travels to 12th-ranked Illinois (14-4, 1-3 Big Ten).
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:14 left to go.
- Northwestern started 10-7 during the 2008, 2006, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Northwestern has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Northwestern has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Northwestern has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Northwestern has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- NU set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, and three-point percentage.
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--NU has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dave Sobolewski and Tre Demps) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (13).
- Dave Sobolewski has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Dave Sobolewski has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Aaron White and Josh Oglesby) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (30).
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Adam Woodbury has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 17 games this season.