(9-8, 1-5 away)
(22) Michigan State 66
(14-3, 11-0 home)
Venue: Breslin Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 13, 2013
||D Talley 13
||B Ubel 6
||B Parker 2
||K Appling 13
||A Payne 7
||K Appling 4
Nebraska was tripped up by No. 22 Michigan State 66-56 in conference play on Sunday, January 13th. The Cornhuskers remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. The Cornhuskers got a game-high 18 points and six rebounds from David Rivers. Dylan Talley had 17 points and added eight rebounds. Derrick Nix got a team-high 17 points and five rebounds for the Spartans. This makes three losses in a row for the Cornhuskers. Nebraska (9-8, 0-4 Big Ten) welcomes Purdue (8-8, 2-2 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:17 left to go.
- Nebraska started 9-8 during the 2011, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Nebraska beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Cornhuskers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Nebraska played 36 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-28.
- Nebraska has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 5 or fewer free throws made.
- The Cornhuskers have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, Nebraska has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better this season, Nebraska has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Cornhuskers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Nebraska has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- David Rivers accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylan Talley and Shavon Shields) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Ray Gallegos has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Dylan Talley has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Shavon Shields.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Andre Almeida.
Michigan State Game Notes
- Michigan State won, but did not cover the spread.
- Keith Appling recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Nix and Adreian Payne) accounted for 46.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Denzel Valentine and Gary Harris) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Keith Appling set a career high with 9 assists.
- Branden Dawson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Adreian Payne set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.