On a day when they turned the ball over 22 times, No. 23 Wichita State was stunned by Evansville 71-67 in conference play. The Shockers were led by Malcolm Armstead, who put up a season-high 21 points and four rebounds. Jake White had eight points and added 10 rebounds. For the Aces, Colt Ryan finished with a game-high 24 points and eight assists. Wichita State (15-2, 4-1 The Valley) takes on Illinois State (9-8, 0-5 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Wichita State Game Notes
- Wichita State started 15-2 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Shockers set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time WSU recorded at least 22 turnovers was Jan 01, 2010 against Drake.
- The Shockers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Malcolm Armstead accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jake White and Ehimen Orukpe) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (16).
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Malcolm Armstead's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Tekele Cotton.
- Cleanthony Early has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Cleanthony Early.
- Jake White recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Evansville Game Notes
- Colt Ryan accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Taylor and Colt Ryan) accounted for 47.6% of the rebounds.
- Colt Ryan has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Troy Taylor has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 41st 20-point game of Colt Ryan's career.
- Colt Ryan has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Troy Taylor has 3 straight double-digit point games.