In a 74-63 win over Marshall on January 12th, Konner Tucker put up 18 points for the Miners. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 13.4 points per contest. The Huskies were defeated by Utah Valley University 83-62 on January 12th despite 13 points from Rob Lewis. He contributes 1.8 assists per game in addition to his 4.8 points per game.
Houston Baptist StatSmack
- Texas-El Paso is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Texas-El Paso is 77.5 inches compared to 74.5 inches for Houston Baptist.
- Texas-El Paso is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.0% vs 62.8%) than Houston Baptist this season.
- Texas-El Paso has a better scoring defense (64.0 allowed per game vs 71.0 allowed per game) than Houston Baptist this season.
- The Texas-El Paso blocks leader (John Bohannon) has more blocks than the Houston Baptist blocks leader (Art Bernardi).
- Texas-El Paso has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.642 to 0.263).
- Texas-El Paso embarrassed Houston Baptist by 30 points the last time they played (Nov 30, 1991).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Texas-El Paso has had more players drafted by the NBA than Houston Baptist (1 vs 0).
- The Texas-El Paso assist leader (Jacques Streeter) has more assists than the Houston Baptist assist leader (Tyler Russell).
- Winning is in our blood. Texas-El Paso had a better record in close games than Houston Baptist last season (6-5 vs 3-5).
- It's only wins and losses, but Texas-El Paso has a better overall record than Houston Baptist this season (6-5 vs 4-9).