In spite of 25 points and 5 rebounds from Derrell Armstrong, the Spartans came up short 62-59 against Western Carolina on January 12th. In addition to his 16.6 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.1 rebounds per game. In an 80-70 victory over Elon on January 12th, Nathan Healy put up 22 points and 8 rebounds for the Mountaineers. He puts up a team-leading 6.8 rebounds per game, 1.8 steals per game, and 1.4 blocks per game.
Appalachian State StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. North Carolina-Greensboro has a stronger schedule than Appalachian State this season (SOS Rank: #213 vs #300).
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina-Greensboro has an average margin of victory of 10 over Appalachian State in 18 wins since 1982.
- Trevis Simpson is ranked 3rd in SoCon in points and 6th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- The North Carolina-Greensboro assist leader (Drew Parker) has more assists than the Appalachian State assist leader (Jay Canty).
- Kelvin McNeil is ranked 9th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Drew Parker is ranked 10th in SoCon in assists.
- North Carolina-Greensboro is better under pressure, and has defeated Appalachian State in 7 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. North Carolina-Greensboro has come back to win after being down at half against Appalachian State 6 times since 2000.
- The North Carolina-Greensboro three-point leader (Trevis Simpson) has more three-pointers than the Appalachian State three-point leader (Tabarris Hamilton).
- You get an A for effort, but North Carolina-Greensboro has emerged victorious against Appalachian State the last 2 times they've played.
- How does our back look? North Carolina-Greensboro is ranked higher than Appalachian State in SoCon (#1 vs #7).