In their last match-up, Terrell Kennedy finished with 18 points in the Golden Lions 84-50 loss against Southern University on January 12th. With 13.7 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Braves, Marquiz Baker finished with 27 points in the 72-67 win over Mississippi Valley State on January 12th. His 19.1 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Alcorn State StatSmack
- It must sting. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has blown out Alcorn State by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 2005.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has come back to win after being down at half against Alcorn State 3 times since 2004.
- We just win. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has more wins over the last 5 years than Alcorn State (63 vs 32).
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff steals leader (Tevin Hammond) has more steals than the Alcorn State steals leader (Anthony Evans).
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has an average margin of victory of 12 over Alcorn State in 15 wins since 1988.
- Tevin Hammond is ranked 4th in the SWAC in assists and 49th nationally in steals.
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff assist leader (Tevin Hammond) has more assists than the Alcorn State assist leader (LeAntwan Luckett).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff players are more experienced than Alcorn State players (7,482 minutes played vs 7,179 minutes played).
- Mitchell Anderson is ranked 8th in the SWAC in rebounds, 9th in the SWAC in steals, and 4th in the SWAC in blocks.
- DaVon Haynes is ranked 3rd in the SWAC in rebounds and 9th in the SWAC in steals.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.355 to 0.181).