In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Texas Southern appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Texas Southern Tigers turn the ball over less often, 12 per game to 20 per game. Texas Southern also has an advantage in scoring, 64 points per game to 48 points per game. Texas Southern ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 18.3, which also places them 72nd in the country.
Texas Southern StatSmack
- The Grambling State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas Southern (78% vs 31%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Grambling State has come back to win after being down at half against Texas Southern 4 times since 1997.
- Grambling isn't as congested as Houston (population is significantly lower).
- Terry Rose is ranked 10th in the SWAC in points and 2nd in the SWAC in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Grambling State has an average margin of victory of 7 over Texas Southern in 23 wins since 1980.
- Grambling State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 208 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Texas Southern.
- Grambling State is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.8% vs 59.1%) than Texas Southern this season.
- Grambling State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 76.4 inches compared to 74.9 inches for Texas Southern.
- Peter "PJ" Roberson is ranked 5th in the SWAC in blocks.