(10-7, 4-6 away)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 13, 2013
||B Baron 17
||C Manhertz 9
||B Baron 5
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 8
||L Jones 4
On Sunday, January 13th, Canisius was taken down by Iona 97-87 in conference play. Billy Baron earned a double-double in a losing effort including 20 points and 11 assists. Harold Washington had a season-high 26 points and added four assists. For the Gaels, Sean Armand got a season-high 32 points (5 Reb 3 Ast), including 9-of-15 shooting from three-point range. Canisius (10-7, 3-3 MAAC) welcomes Manhattan (5-11, 3-3 MAAC) on Thursday, January 17th.
Canisius Game Notes
- The last time Canisius started the season 10-7 was 2000.
- Canisius has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.8% or better this season, Canisius has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 23 or more assists this season, Canisius has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Golden Griffins set a season high for field goals made.
- The Golden Griffins have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 6 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Golden Griffins opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Harold Washington and Billy Baron) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Chris Manhertz accounted for 42.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Harold Washington has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Billy Baron's career.
- Billy Baron has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Billy Baron recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Billy Baron had a career high with 11 assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Harold Washington's career.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Manhertz has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Chris Manhertz had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 11 defensive rebounds.
Iona Game Notes
- Sean Armand recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 9 and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Sean Armand accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Sean Armand has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Sean Armand's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Tre Bowman's career.