(10-7, 4-6 away)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, January 13, 2013
||B Baron 17
||C Manhertz 9
||B Baron 5
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 8
||L Jones 4
On Sunday, January 13th, Iona took on Canisius and beat the Golden Griffins 97-87 in MAAC play. The Gaels were led by Sean Armand, who got a season-high 32 points (5 Reb 3 Ast), with 27 coming from three-point range. Tre Bowman had a season-high 24 points and added six rebounds. Billy Baron registered a double-double for the Golden Griffins on 20 points and 11 assists. Next up for Iona (11-6, 5-1 MAAC) is Fairfield (10-8, 2-4 MAAC) on Friday, January 18th on their home court.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona started 11-6 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Canisius extended the Iona winning streak to 5 games.
- Iona beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Iona has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 48.5% or better.
- The Gaels have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- Iona has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season Iona has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Lamont Jones has 5 assists or more.
- The Gaels set season highs for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- The last time Iona had a field goal percentage of 53.8% or higher was Mar 03, 2012 against Marist.
- Iona has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Gaels came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Iona has a 13.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sean Armand recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 9 and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Sean Armand accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Sean Armand has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Sean Armand's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Tre Bowman's career.
Canisius Game Notes
- Canisius lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Harold Washington and Billy Baron) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Chris Manhertz accounted for 42.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Harold Washington has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Billy Baron's career.
- Billy Baron has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Billy Baron recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Billy Baron set a career high with 11 assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Harold Washington's career.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Manhertz has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Chris Manhertz set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 11 defensive rebounds.