In a 51-40 win over TCU on January 12th, Cory Jefferson put up 15 points and 5 rebounds for the Bears. He is averaging 14.3 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.3 per game. For the Jayhawks, Travis Releford finished with 12 points in the 60-46 win over Texas Tech on January 12th. He averages 13.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game. Kansas ranks 1st in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 55.4, which also places them 19th in the country.
- The Baylor three-point leader (Pierre Jackson) has more three-pointers than the Kansas three-point leader (Ben McLemore).
- The Baylor scoring leader (Pierre Jackson) has more points than the Kansas scoring leader (Ben McLemore).
- Pierre Jackson is ranked 42nd nationally in points, 3rd in the Big 12 in three-pointers, 28th nationally in assists, and 2nd in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Baylor assist leader (Pierre Jackson) has more assists than the Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson).
- Isaiah Austin is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- A.J. Walton is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in assists and 4th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Baylor has an average margin of victory of 8 over Kansas in 3 wins since 1996.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Baylor currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- The Baylor rebounding leader (Cory Jefferson) has more rebounds than the Kansas rebounding leader (Jeff Withey).
- Brady Heslip is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Baylor beat Kansas by 9 points the last time they played (Mar 09, 2012).