In their last outing, behind 27 points from Marquiz Baker, the Braves defeated Mississippi Valley State 72-67 on January 12th. At 19.1, he paces the team in points per game. For the Golden Lions, Terrell Kennedy finished with 18 points in the 84-50 loss to Southern University on January 12th. His 13.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff StatSmack
- Anthony Nieves is ranked 7th in the SWAC in points.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Alcorn State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (906 to 885) than Arkansas-Pine Bluff, per the NCAA.
- It must sting. Alcorn State has blown out Arkansas-Pine Bluff by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1998.
- Anthony Evans is ranked 7th in the SWAC in three-pointers, 10th in the SWAC in assists, and 2nd in the SWAC in steals.
- The Alcorn State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas-Pine Bluff (67% vs 38%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Alcorn State has come back to win after being down at half against Arkansas-Pine Bluff 3 times since 1996.
- The Alcorn State three-point leader (Anthony Evans) has more three-pointers than the Arkansas-Pine Bluff three-point leader (Tevin Hammond).
- Alcorn State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Alcorn State is 78.8 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- The Alcorn State blocks leader (Josh Nicholas) has more blocks than the Arkansas-Pine Bluff blocks leader (Mitchell Anderson).
- Alcorn State is a better shooting team (38.9% vs 34.7%) than Arkansas-Pine Bluff this season.
- Alcorn State is better under pressure, and has defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.