No. 2 Michigan was stunned by No. 15 Ohio State 56-53 in conference play on Sunday, January 13th. The Wolverines now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Trey Burke put up a team-high 15 points plus four rebounds in a losing effort. Mitch McGary had six points and added three rebounds. Deshaun Thomas got a game-high 20 points and four rebounds for the Buckeyes. Michigan (16-1, 3-1 Big Ten) goes to eighth-ranked Minnesota (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 17th.
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:03 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Michigan played 50 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 13-37.
- Michigan set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, and total points.
- The Wolverines have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 50.9% of the points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Jordan Morgan has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Morgan had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Ohio State Game Notes
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Deshaun Thomas accounted for 35.7% of the team's points.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring 13 times in 16 games this season.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Deshaun Thomas's career.
- Deshaun Thomas has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. set a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.