On an afternoon when they outshot the Red Foxes 54%-32%, Manhattan topped Marist 65-53 in MAAC play. With the win, the Jaspers tie the season series against Marist at 1-1. Rhamel Brown was exceptional for the Jaspers and put up a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds. Roberto Colonette also put in a solid effort, scoring a season-high seven points and adding five rebounds. Chavaughn Lewis registered a double-double for the Red Foxes on 12 points and 10 rebounds. Manhattan (5-10, 3-2 MAAC) goes to Canisius (10-6, 3-2 MAAC) on Thursday, January 17th.
Manhattan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- The last time Manhattan started the season 5-11 was 1996.
- Manhattan beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 65 or more total points.
- The Jaspers set season highs for blocks and field goal percentage.
- The last time Manhattan had a field goal percentage of 53.8% or higher was Mar 14, 2012 against Albany.
- Manhattan has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Rhamel Brown and Shane Richards) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Rhamel Brown had a career high with 7 blocks.
Marist Game Notes
- Marist lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Red Foxes losing streak to 7 games.
- Devin Price accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- Chavaughn Lewis accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Price has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Chavaughn Lewis has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Devin Price's career.
- Devin Price has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Adam Kemp.
- Chavaughn Lewis recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chavaughn Lewis has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Chavaughn Lewis recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Chavaughn Lewis set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Eric Truog.