Providence turned the ball over only nine times and won on the road against Seton Hall 67-55 in conference action on Sunday, January 13th. Everything went right for Providence in this one, as they led 38-22 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Bryce Cotton got his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Friars, scoring a game-high 23 points on 62% shooting in 37 minutes. Bryce Cotton played brilliantly for the Friars and got a game-high 23 points and nine rebounds. LaDontae Henton played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Providence (9-7, 1-3 Big East) goes to 19th-ranked Georgetown (11-3, 1-2 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th.
Providence Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:45 left to go.
- Providence started 9-7 during the 2004, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- PC has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- PC has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Providence has won 82% of the time (9-2) when LaDontae Henton has 12 points or more.
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- LaDontae Henton accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 15th of his career.
- LaDontae Henton had a career high with 8 offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- Seton Hall lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to 3 games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Smyth and Fuquan Edwin) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Aaron Cosby has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Aaron Cosby.
- Fuquan Edwin has 4 straight double-digit point games.