On Sunday, January 13th, Seton Hall forced only nine turnovers and lost at home against Providence 67-55 in conference play. This one was over at the half, with Providence up 38-22. The Pirates were paced by Fuquan Edwin, who put up a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Aaron Cosby had 10 points and added four assists. Bryce Cotton recorded his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Friars, scoring a game-high 23 points on 62% shooting in 37 minutes. Next up for Seton Hall (12-5, 1-3 Big East) is Marquette (12-3, 3-0 Big East) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:45 left to go.
- The last time SHU started the season 12-5 was 2000.
- Seton Hall has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Pirates set a season high for blocks.
- SHU set a season low for total points.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--SHU has a 7.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Smyth and Fuquan Edwin) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Aaron Cosby has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Aaron Cosby.
- Fuquan Edwin has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Providence Game Notes
- LaDontae Henton recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- LaDontae Henton accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 9 times in 16 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 15th of his career.
- LaDontae Henton set a career high with 8 offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kadeem Batts.