Penn State 42
(8-8, 1-3 away)
(8-8, 7-5 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, January 13, 2013
||T Frazier 16
||R Travis 7
||D (DJ) Newbill 3
||T Johnson 13
||A Hammons 6
||R Johnson 3
On an afternoon when they shot only 26%, Penn State was blown out by Purdue 60-42 in conference play. The Nittany Lions got nine points and six rebounds from Devonte (DJ) Newbill. Jermaine Marshall had eight points and added five rebounds. A.J. Hammons recorded a double-double for the Boilermakers on 12 points and 10 rebounds. Penn State (8-8, 0-4 Big Ten) takes on 22nd-ranked Michigan State (13-3, 2-1 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Penn State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:41 left to go.
- Penn State started 8-8 during the 2009, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Penn State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Penn State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, Penn State has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Nittany Lions set a season high for blocks.
- The last time PSU recorded at least 6 blocks was Mar 08, 2012 against Indiana.
- PSU set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, three-pointers, and total points.
- Penn State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Taylor and Devonte (DJ) Newbill) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ross Travis and Devonte (DJ) Newbill) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 16 games this season.
- Sasa Borovnjak had a career high with 4 steals.
Purdue Game Notes
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (Ronnie Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A.J. Hammons has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.