In their last outing, behind 18 points and 7 rebounds from Ben Aird, the Wolverines defeated Missouri-Kansas City 78-66 on January 9th. He contributes a team-leading 14.0 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, and 2.1 blocks per game. For the Huskies, Ronald March Jr. put up 11 points in the 70-60 loss to Texas-Pan American on January 8th. He is averaging 11.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.0 steals per game.
Houston Baptist StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Utah Valley University has emerged victorious against Houston Baptist the last 4 times they've played.
- The Utah Valley University blocks leader (Ben Aird) has more blocks than the Houston Baptist blocks leader (Art Bernardi).
- Utah Valley University embarrassed Houston Baptist by 19 points the last time they played (Feb 23, 2012).
- The Utah Valley University scoring leader (Holton Hunsaker) has more points than the Houston Baptist scoring leader (Art Bernardi).
- Utah Valley University has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.547 to 0.263).
- The Utah Valley University rebounding leader (Ben Aird) has more rebounds than the Houston Baptist rebounding leader (Art Bernardi).
- Utah Valley University is a better shooting team (45.6% vs 40.1%) than Houston Baptist this season.
- Ben Aird is ranked 4th in the Great West in points, 17th nationally in rebounds, and 1st in the Great West in blocks.
- Utah Valley University is a better free-throw-shooting team (71.4% vs 62.8%) than Houston Baptist this season.
- Utah Valley University is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Utah Valley University is 195 lbs compared to 190 lbs for Houston Baptist.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Utah Valley University currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 918) than Houston Baptist, per the NCAA.