In their last match-up, Konner Tucker finished with 14 points in the Miners 66-57 victory over Tulane on January 9th. He leads the team with 13.4 points per game. For the Thundering Herd, DeAndre Kane finished with 16 points and 7 assists in the 79-61 blowout of Tulsa on January 9th. With 7.6 assists per game and 1.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Marshall will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: free throw rate at 45.7 and offensive rebounding percentage at 39.7.
- Texas-El Paso players are more experienced than Marshall players (10,497 minutes played vs 8,843 minutes played).
- We just win. Texas-El Paso has more wins over the last 5 years than Marshall (114 vs 105).
- Even computers respect Texas-El Paso more. We have a better RPI this season than Marshall (RPI: #85 vs #264).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Texas-El Paso has a stronger schedule than Marshall this season (SOS Rank: #15 vs #255).
- Texas-El Paso takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Marshall (3 vs 0).
- Jacques Streeter is ranked 5th in C-USA in assists.
- Texas-El Paso has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.645 to 0.500).
- At least you keep showing up. Texas-El Paso has an average margin of victory of 8 over Marshall in 7 wins since 2005.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Texas-El Paso currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (915 to 910) than Marshall, per the NCAA.
- Texas-El Paso allows fewer rebounds (33.4 allowed per game vs 36.8 allowed per game) than Marshall this season.
- The Texas-El Paso blocks leader (John Bohannon) has more blocks than the Marshall blocks leader (Nigel Spikes).