Saint Mary's squared off with San Francisco on Saturday, January 12th and beat the Dons 78-72 in conference action. Matthew Dellavedova had a big game for the Gaels and put up a game-high 19 points and six assists. Beau Levesque had 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Dons, De`End Parker got 15 points and two rebounds. Next up for Saint Mary's (13-4, 2-1 West Coast) is Brigham Young (14-4, 4-0 West Coast) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:15 left to go.
- The last time SMC started the season 13-4 was 2004.
- Saint Mary's has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better.
- SMC has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Matthew Dellavedova has 19 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Beau Levesque has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Stephen Holt has 5 free throws made or more.
- SMC set season lows for blocks, steals, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- The Gaels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- Saint Mary's has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Gaels came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SMC has a 20.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Matthew Dellavedova and Stephen Holt) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Brad Waldow has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Matthew Dellavedova has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Beau Levesque has 6 straight double-digit point games.
San Francisco Game Notes
- This loss extended the Dons losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Cody Doolin and De`End Parker) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cole Dickerson and Tim Derksen) accounted for 52.1% of the rebounds.
- Cody Doolin has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Cole Dickerson has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 17 games this season.
- Cody Doolin has 4 straight double-digit point games.