Stanford faced off with Washington on Saturday, January 12th and took a home loss to the Huskies 65-60 in conference play. Dwight Powell put up a team-high 19 points plus five rebounds for the Cardinal. Chasson Randle had 16 points and added four rebounds. C.J Wilcox got a game-high 27 points and nine rebounds for the Huskies. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Stanford (10-7, 1-3 Pac 12) welcomes California (10-6, 2-2 Pac 12).
Stanford Game Notes
- Stanford started 10-7 during the 2010, 2005, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cardinal have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Stanford has lost 25 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.1% or better this season, Stanford has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Stanford has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Stanford set season lows for assists, blocks, rebounds, and total points.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Cardinal opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Stanford has a 9.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dwight Powell accounted for 31.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Huestis and Dwight Powell) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Josh Huestis has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 17 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Chasson Randle has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington has lost 28 close games.
- Andrew Andrews recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- C.J Wilcox accounted for 41.5% of the team's points.
- Desmond Simmons accounted for 35.1% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J Wilcox has led the team in scoring 12 times in 16 games this season.
- Desmond Simmons has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Desmond Simmons recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of C.J Wilcox's career.
- C.J Wilcox has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J Wilcox set career highs with 9 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Aziz N`Diaye has 3 straight double-digit point games.