Air Force 71
(9-5, 2-4 away)
(24) UNLV 76
(14-3, 11-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Lyons 18
||M Lyons 5
||T Fletcher 4
||A Bennett 19
||A Bennett 9
||A Marshall 6
No. 24 UNLV knocked off Air Force 76-71 in overtime on Saturday, January 12th. Anthony Bennett picked up a double-double in the Rebels win including a team-high 22 points and 16 rebounds. Bryce Dejean-Jones had 18 points and added three rebounds. For the Falcons, Mike Fitzgerald finished with a game-high 22 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 16th when UNLV (14-3, 1-1 MWC) goes to 16th-ranked San Diego State (14-2, 2-0 MWC).
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV started 14-3 during the 2009 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- UNLV has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rebels have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 6-3.
- The Rebels have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UNLV has won 28 close games.
- The Rebels have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 49 or more rebounds.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- This season UNLV has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Anthony Bennett has 22 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Khem Birch has 7 rebounds or more.
- UNLV set a season low for three-point percentage.
- The Rebels have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UNLV has a 19.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16 and offensive rebounds with 9.
- Anthony Marshall tallied a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 32.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Anthony Marshall's career.
- Anthony Marshall had a career high with 12 assists.
- Mike Moser recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Moser recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 18th of his career.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.
Air Force Game Notes
- The Falcons have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force has lost 22 close games.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Mike Fitzgerald accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 14 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Mike Fitzgerald's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Todd Fletcher.