Air Force 71
(9-5, 2-4 away)
(24) UNLV 76
(14-3, 11-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||M Lyons 18
||M Lyons 5
||T Fletcher 4
||A Bennett 19
||A Bennett 9
||A Marshall 6
On Saturday, January 12th, Air Force dropped one to No. 24 UNLV 76-71 in overtime. The Falcons stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Falcons got a good effort from Mike Fitzgerald, who put up a game-high 22 points and four rebounds. Michael Lyons had 19 points and added seven rebounds. Anthony Bennett registered a double-double for the Rebels on a team-high 22 points and 16 rebounds. Air Force (8-5, 1-1 MWC) gets Colorado State (13-3, 0-1 MWC) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
Air Force Game Notes
- Air Force started 9-5 during the 2008, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- AF beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- Air Force has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Falcons have played in 8 overtime games with a record of 4-4.
- The Falcons have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force has lost 22 close games.
- Prior to this game, AF played 16 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 1-15.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Air Force has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- AF set a season low for field goal percentage.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Mike Fitzgerald accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 14 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Mike Fitzgerald's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Todd Fletcher.
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV has lost 18 close games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16 and offensive rebounds with 9.
- Anthony Marshall tallied a team season high in assists with 12.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 32.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Anthony Marshall's career.
- Anthony Marshall set a career high with 12 assists.
- Mike Moser recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mike Moser recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 18th of his career.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.