Loyola Marymount was outrebounded 43-19 by Portland and took a home loss to the Pilots 68-64 in conference play on Saturday, January 12th. Anthony Ireland put up a game-high 22 points plus four rebounds in the Lions loss. Ashley Hamilton had 17 points and added three assists. Ryan Nicholas recorded a double-double for the Pilots with a team-high 17 points and 13 rebounds. Loyola Marymount (7-9, 1-3 West Coast) gets San Diego (9-8, 2-0 West Coast) on the road on Wednesday, January 16th.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount started 8-9 during the 2010, 2006, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Lions have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount has lost 21 close games.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.4% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- LMU set season lows for blocks, rebounds, and turnovers.
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Lions opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--LMU has a 10.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 34.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Osborne and Anthony Ireland) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 17 games this season.
- Alex Osborne has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Ashley Hamilton has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Portland Game Notes
- Derrick Rodgers recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Ryan Nicholas and Kevin Bailey) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Ryan Nicholas accounted for 30.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Nicholas has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 15 times in 18 games this season.
- Derrick Rodgers set a career high with 9 assists.
- Ryan Nicholas recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryan Nicholas recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 12th of his career.