New Mexico State 71
(10-8, 3-7 away)
Venue: Cowan Spectrum
10:05PM ET / 7:05PM PT, January 12, 2013
|New Mexico State
|New Mexico State
||D Mullings 14
||B Sy 6
||T Watson 3
||K Barone 15
||K Barone 8
||M McChristian 2
On Saturday, January 12th, New Mexico State took on Idaho and narrowly beat the Vandals 71-70 in WAC play. It looked like it was going to be all New Mexico State after they took a 42-27 halftime lead, but Idaho got back in the game and made it close in the second half. The Aggies were led by Bandja Sy, who put up 14 points plus seven rebounds. Sim Bhullar had a team-high 16 points and added six rebounds. Kyle Barone recorded a double-double for the Vandals on a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. New Mexico State (9-8, 4-2 WAC) takes on Utah State (14-1, 5-0 WAC) on Thursday, January 17th at home.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The win over Idaho extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 4 games.
- NMSU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico State has won 25 close games.
- The Aggies have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- New Mexico State has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its had a field goal percentage of 48.1% or better.
- NMSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Bandja Sy has 14 points or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Sim Bhullar has 5 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when K.C. Ross-Miller has 4 free throws made or more.
- NMSU set season lows for rebounds and turnovers.
- The Aggies have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- New Mexico State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Sim Bhullar and K.C. Ross-Miller) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Bandja Sy and Sim Bhullar) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Idaho Game Notes
- Idaho lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Vandals have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Idaho has lost 26 close games.
- This loss extended the Vandals losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Barone and Connor Hill) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Kyle Barone accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 12 times in 15 games this season.
- Connor Hill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kyle Barone recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 17th of his career.
- Stephen Madison has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|C||Terrel de Rouen||9||3||1||0||0||0||0|
|B+||R. Harris Jr.||19||11||3||1||0||0||1|