On Saturday, January 12th, San Diego took on Pepperdine and got a road victory against the Waves 62-50 in conference play. The Toreros were led by Chris Manresa, who put up eight points plus five rebounds. Ken Rancifer had 16 points and added three rebounds. For the Waves, Lorne Jackson finished with nine points and six assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). San Diego (10-8, 3-0 West Coast) takes on Loyola Marymount (7-9, 1-3 West Coast) on Wednesday, January 16th on their home court.
San Diego Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:31 left to go.
- San Diego started 10-8 during the 2004 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Pepperdine extended the San Diego winning streak to 4 games.
- SD beat the spread by 12.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Toreros have beaten the spread.
- SD has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- The Toreros have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Ken Rancifer) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 18 games this season.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- Pepperdine lost and did not cover the spread.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Lorne Jackson set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jett Raines.