Colorado State 72
(13-3, 3-3 away)
(16) San Diego State 79
(14-2, 9-1 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
|San Diego State
||C Iverson 14
||P Hornung 10
||D Green 3
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 17
||J Franklin 10
||J Franklin 3
On a night when they were outscored 39-18 by the Aztecs from behind the arc, Colorado State fell to No. 16 San Diego State 79-72 in overtime. Colton Iverson picked up a double-double in the Rams loss with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Pierce Hornung had seven points and added 14 rebounds. J.J. O`Brien finished with nine points and 10 rebounds for the Aztecs. Colorado State (13-3, 0-1 MWC) takes on Air Force (8-4, 1-0 MWC) on Wednesday, January 16th at home.
Colorado State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:02 left to go.
- The last time CSU started the season 13-3 was 1997.
- Colorado State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rams have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- Prior to this game, CSU played 17 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-14.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Colorado State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Rams set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time CSU recorded at least 54 rebounds was Dec 07, 2002 against Gardner-Webb.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 16 games.
- Colorado State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Wes Eikmeier recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Wes Eikmeier accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierce Hornung and Colton Iverson) accounted for 46.2% of the rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Wes Eikmeier's career.
- Wes Eikmeier has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Pierce Hornung recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 9th of his career.
- Daniel Bejarano recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daniel Bejarano recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
San Diego State Game Notes
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and Chase Tapley) accounted for 53.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. O`Brien and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 11 times in 16 games this season.
- J.J. O`Brien has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- J.J. O`Brien recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for DeShawn Stephens.