Illinois State 77
(9-8, 7-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 12, 2013
||B Simons 14
||J Clarke 8
||R Carter 3
||J Carmichael 17
||J Carmichael 8
||K Keane 4
Entering the game as an 11-point underdog, Drake won on the road versus Illinois State 82-77 in conference play. Chris Hines had a big game for the Bulldogs and put up a career-high 23 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Jordan Clarke got a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Johnny Hill got a career-high 24 points and nine rebounds for the Redbirds. Drake (7-9, 1-4 The Valley) gets Evansville (10-6, 3-1 The Valley) at home on Wednesday, January 16th.
Drake Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- Drake started 7-9 during the 2010, 2003, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Drake beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Drake has won 24 close games.
- Drake has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its had a three-point percentage of 41.7% or better.
- The Bulldogs have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- Drake has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 43.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Drake has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Ben Simons has 4 three-pointers or more.
- Drake set a season low for blocks.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Chris Hines) accounted for 56.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Clarke and Joey King) accounted for 57.8% of the rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Ben Simons's career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Chris Hines's career.
- Chris Hines had career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 9th of his career.
- Jordan Clarke had career highs with 7 field goals made and a 100% field goal percentage.
- Joey King recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joey King has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Joey King recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Illinois State Game Notes
- Illinois State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Redbirds have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Illinois State has lost 30 close games.
- This loss extended the Redbirds losing streak to 5 games.
- Johnny Hill accounted for 31.1% of the team's points.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Bryant Allen's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Johnny Hill's career.
- Johnny Hill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for John Wilkins.