Illinois State 77
(9-8, 7-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 12, 2013
||B Simons 14
||J Clarke 8
||R Carter 3
||J Carmichael 17
||J Carmichael 8
||K Keane 4
Even though they entered the game as an 11-point favorite, Illinois State got beat at home by Drake 82-77 in conference play. The Redbirds got a career-high 24 points and nine rebounds from Johnny Hill. Jackie Carmichael got a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Chris Hines got a career-high 23 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Bulldogs. Illinois State (9-8, 0-5 The Valley) takes on 23rd-ranked Wichita State (15-1, 4-0 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 16th on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- The last time IllSt started the season 9-8 was 2006.
- The Redbirds have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Illinois State has lost 30 close games.
- The Redbirds have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 43.1% or worse.
- Illinois State has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 15 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.5% or better this season, Illinois State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7% or better this season, Illinois State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Illinois State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Redbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--IllSt has a 13.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Johnny Hill accounted for 31.1% of the team's points.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Bryant Allen's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Johnny Hill's career.
- Johnny Hill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 28th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for John Wilkins.
Drake Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Drake has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Chris Hines) accounted for 56.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Clarke and Joey King) accounted for 57.8% of the rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Ben Simons's career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Chris Hines's career.
- Chris Hines set career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 9th of his career.
- Jordan Clarke set career highs with 7 field goals made and a 100% field goal percentage.
- Joey King recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joey King has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Joey King recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.