South Alabama 56
(8-8, 5-3 away)
North Texas 66
(7-11, 6-5 home)
Venue: UNT Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||A Rubit 19
||A Rubit 10
||F Goldstein 2
||T Mitchell 14
||T Mitchell 9
||C Jones 5
North Texas squared off with South Alabama on Saturday, January 12th and came out on top against the Jaguars 66-56 in conference play. The Mean Green got the win with a season-high 14 points and seven rebounds from P.J. Hardwick. Tony Mitchell got a double-double with a game-high 14 points and 11 rebounds. For the Jaguars, Augustine Rubit finished with a team-high 12 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, January 17th when North Texas (7-11, 2-5 Sun Belt) travels to Florida International (7-8, 2-3 Sun Belt).
North Texas Game Notes
- The last time UNT started the season 7-11 was 1996.
- UNT beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Mean Green have beaten the spread.
- The Mean Green have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- UNT has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- UNT has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 23.8% three-point percentage.
- This season North Texas has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Alzee Williams has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Mean Green set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time UNT recorded at least 29 free throws made was Mar 06, 2011 against Florida Atlantic.
- UNT set a season low for field goals made.
- North Texas has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UNT has a 3.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tony Mitchell and P.J. Hardwick) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Mitchell and Roger Franklin) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 14 times in 18 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tony Mitchell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 16th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Roger Franklin.
South Alabama Game Notes
- South Alabama lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Augustine Rubit and Freddie Goldstein) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 12 times in 16 games this season.
- Freddie Goldstein has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mychal Ammons has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Augustine Rubit has 8 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||B. Stevens II||14||2||2||1||0||0||3|