Florida Atlantic 65
(9-9, 3-7 away)
Western Kentucky 62
(10-8, 7-2 home)
Venue: E.A. Diddle Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 12, 2013
||G Gantt 22
||J McCoy 5
||J Trapp 2
||T Price 14
||B Harris 6
||J Crook 4
Western Kentucky faced off with Florida Atlantic on Saturday, January 12th and dropped a close one to the Owls 65-62 in conference play. George Fant put up 19 points and eight rebounds for the Hilltoppers. T.J. Price scored 20 points and added four rebounds. Greg Gantt finished with a game-high 22 points and four rebounds for the Owls. Western Kentucky (10-8, 2-3 Sun Belt) gets Louisiana (7-12, 2-4 Sun Belt) at home on Thursday, January 17th.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The Hilltoppers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Kentucky has lost 28 close games.
- The Hilltoppers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- Western Kentucky has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0% or better this season, Western Kentucky has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Hilltoppers set a season high for steals.
- Our 12 steals is the 10th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time WKU recorded at least 12 steals was Dec 08, 2010 against Bowling Green.
- WKU set a season low for rebounds.
- Western Kentucky has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--WKU has a 12.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- T.J. Price accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (George Fant and Brandon Harris) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- T.J. Price has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- George Fant has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of T.J. Price's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for O`Karo Akamune.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The Owls won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida Atlantic has lost 25 close games.
- Kelvin Penn recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 16 times in 18 games this season.
- Kelvin Penn has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 36th 20-point game of Greg Gantt's career.
- Greg Gantt has 9 straight 20+ point games.
- Stefan Moody has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kelvin Penn.
- Kelvin Penn set career highs with 9 rebounds and 5 blocks.