Arkansas State 56
(10-7, 3-5 away)
LA Lafayette 61
(7-12, 6-3 home)
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, January 12, 2013
||E Townsel 15
||B Peterson 9
||R Dickerson 2
||S Long 15
||S Long 9
||E Payton 5
On Saturday, January 12th, Arkansas State dropped one to Louisiana 61-56 in conference play. With the loss, the Red Wolves even the season series against Louisiana at 1-1. The Red Wolves were paced by Trey Finn, who got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds. Cameron Golden also put in a solid contribution, scoring 13 points and adding four rebounds. Shawn Long registered a double-double for the Ragin Cajuns on a game-high 17 points and 16 rebounds. Arkansas State (10-7, 4-2 Sun Belt) hosts Louisiana-Monroe (3-10, 2-3 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 19th.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- Arkansas State started 10-7 during the 2009, 2004, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Red Wolves have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas State has lost 32 close games.
- A-State set season lows for assists and field goals made.
- The Red Wolves have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Arkansas State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Trey Finn and Cameron Golden) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Trey Finn has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 17 games this season.
- Trey Finn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kendrick Washington.
Louisiana Game Notes
- The Ragin Cajuns won this one, but have lost 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana has lost 38 close games.
- The top two scorers (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- Shawn Long accounted for 40.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Shawn Long has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 15 times in 19 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shawn Long recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Elridge Moore.